Monday, April 27, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I've read that she cared for her mother until a year of so ago, so if that is true it sounds like she has not had a lot of time to focus on herself. Forty seven unemployed and never been kissed she said, and she seems like the sweetest person. Thanks Susan and thank you God for these surprises that ground us and makes us better human beings.
The videos have all had the embedding disabled, probably due to the fact that combined they have had over 15mil hits. Wow. I've attached the link. If clicking does not work, just copy it into your browser.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I've been really trying to focus on my writing in the past few weeks, picking it back up after being away from it for some many years. I've been expending my energies on just trying to survive in the dog eat dog competetive working world. High pressure job means low pressure creative thought. Trust me on this one.
I made the decision recently that I was going to get back to doing some of the things that I want to do....writing being one of the big ones. Anyway, as part of this journey, I found a great site that has been helpful to me in understanding the pronounciation of some words - name, places etc.
The site is http://forvo.com .
I wish I known about this site when I first read the Harry Potter series and it wouldn't have been necessary to have the audiobook to know how to pronounce Hermione. The site has pronounciations in 213 languages, so you can see why it would be helpful to a writer, but fun also if you are reading or just curious - If you just want to expand your cranial capacity, there is a language featured everyday with a listing of certain words. How clever is that!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
You also make a quick and simple yellow cake and stuff it with said Strawberries, along with some whipped cream...or even quicker, purchase a Sara Lee Poundcake from the freezer section and use if for your cake foundation.
For Breakfast, whip up some waffles and sprinkle with fresh blueberries...if you don't want to take the time to make the waffles from scratch, you can just pop some Eggo's into the toaster.
And last, but not least.....anyone have the recipe for this tasty treat??
A little Hugh, sprinkled with a dash of long hair and a scattering of scruffy beard.....and topped off with a pinch of furrowed brow. Sigh......
Friday, April 17, 2009
The next morning, we were up and out at 5:10am and made the drive home and to the restaurant, well before our meeting time with the family.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- To win the lottery grand prize and share it with my family so that we can all relax for the rest of our days...to see my Mom's face when she realized that she could finally just blow some money and go shopping every week if that is what she wanted to do
- To build a new home...huge, like it could have it's own zip code huge....with a Movie cave, a killer playroom, a mammoth master suite and huge kitchen
- To wile away the rest of my time on this earth, doing what I want to do and not what I have to do
- To have strong will power and self control...I'm one of the if I want to do it, I do it kind of people....if I want to eat it, I eat it...if I want to buy it, I buy it....I really need more self control
- To spend as much time as I can, enjoying my family
- To have my alone time, cause mesa gets a little ansy when I don't have my alone time
- To spend the month of October at the Disney and Orlando theme parks...and without a doubt at least one night at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- To write a book....whether it stinks or not...to actually do it
- To collect more dishes, utensils, etc for table settings and entertaining
- To have a place to display my movie collectibles, posters, etc
- To have an indecently ordered room for Scrapbooking
- To get back to sewing
- To drive around in my Burber (Suburban) because it is so cool that I get frostbite everytime I look at it
- To have time to just cook like a freaking fool...trying new recipes all the time
- To have friends who just want to visit and hang out sometimes....I need some girl BFFs
- To be able to anomymously help some people who are really stuggling...to pay some random people's hospital bills so they don't have to spend the rest of their life worrying about it
- To feel like I'm just not complete unless I have exercised at least an hour every day
- To love my family and be loved forever and ever