Friday, November 13, 2009

A Great Gift Idea, My Christmas CD Collection and Foodie Friday




Last Christmas, I moved my holiday CD collection from jewel cases to a much more efficient storage system using a tool called DiscGear....This storage system is so great that I thought it would be a great Christmas idea to share with all my blog friends.  This system can be used for your DVDs, music CDs, and computer/data CDs and keeps them organized and dust free within a very limited space and comes in several sizes. 

I have the 50 disc, 100 disc and 150 disc systems. 



You place the CD or DVD in the unit in the order you choose, alphabetical, by artist or actor, action or family etc.....the slot for each disc is numbered and there is a numbered list system at the bottom of the unit.



 In addition, there is a seperate book with plastic sleeves and a numbering system that you use to store your cover art from your CD/DVD.  The amount of space saved and the ease in finding the appropriate music or movie is unbelieveable.  I have a rather large movie collection and can find any one right away...I remove the movie, watch it and then it goes right back in the slot when finished.  If you have a movie or music enthusist on your Christmas list, this produ..if you are a visual person and want to flip through your movie covers to see what grabs you, this book is the thing.



I love Christmas music and add to my holiday collection yearly...I have my eye on two new CDs right now that I hope to capture soon.  I moved my collection from the jewel cases to a 50 disc DiscGear unit last Christmas and it makes storing much easier.  



For my Foodie Friday entry this week, I have a heavenly pancake recipe.   This recipe is quick and easy and I've used it for years...it's from Southern Living, so you know it has to be delicious.  When you and your family try it, you'll never make another Bisquick pancake again.  My husband loves these pancakes and swears they are better than any restaurant pancake he has had.




Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup + 2 Tbsp buttermilk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Combine dry ingredients (I use self rising flour rather than the all purpose, baking soda and salt).  Mix wet ingredients into dry mixture until blended....do not overmix - batter will be lumpy.  For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on a lightly oiled griddle.  Turn pancakes when the tops are covered with bubbles.  Makes 8 4 inch pancakes.  Smother with butter and syrup and enjoy.

Thanks to Michael at Designs by Gollum for hosting this fun event...you can find other great recipes by checking here. 

All the best,


Pin It!

11 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Wow, this post is chock full of great ideas!! I am so impressed by your cd organization.....you do have quite a collection, and it's so well organized.

Suzanne
Oh, and I think I may have found you a new Canterbury charger...I'll let you know.

Karen said...

Great idea for the CDs. AND that pancake recipe looks so tempting.
Thanks for both!
Have a really great weekend.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Unknown said...

My Head is swimming with your CD collection and organization skills! Its made me hungry and I think I'll go have some pancakes!Have a fabulous week end!
~Really Rainey~

Mary Bergfeld said...

Anita, your pancakes do sound divine. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

Beth at Aunties said...

Do you make house calls for organization? WOW!
These pancakes look and sound supreme! so yummy thanks for sharing the recipe!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Yummm...I love buttermilk pancakes! This is one dish my husband makes for us! My son Paul makes his own maple syrup from his trees so we have our pancakes with that and (don't tell) plenty of butter! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous FOODIE FRIDAY!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Okay, I have my plate and fork ready....bring on the pancakes!

Sue said...

Those pancakes look divine....better then at the IHOP....

Designs on 47th Street said...

OK, now I want pancakes for breakfast! Yum...love 'em and your recipe looks great. Thank you. What a Christmas CD collection you have. I'm impressed with your order. Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment today. I'm glad you like my pheasant. I do too! I just scrolled down to your t/s and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

That's some CD system you've got there! Wow, impressive collection too!

The pancakes sound wonderful... nothing better than buttermilk pancakes!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT!!! CD system and a wonderful collections.
My family love pancakes and I make them often. Buttermilk are my favorite. THANKS!!! for sharing.
I have become a follower of your blog, I love to share recipes and ideas. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
Geri