Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Visitors


For the first time in a long time, Mike and I were not visited by our daughters and family today....usually, we have a house full for most of the day. I used the time to work on a project that I have been thinking about for a while...painting my office credenza table black. The existing finish has been in bad shape for quite some time...the table came from Mike's Moms basement several years ago. I wanted to try black because there are some beautiful pictures on the Web of differant furniture pieces that have been painted black. The color gives the pieces a new look and sophistication.
I put on three light coats and it really turned out great....I forgot to take a before picture, but will post a picture of the after....The replacement drawer pull I bought (I forgot to take my template) does not fit, so Mike is going to pick up one tomorrow, that will fit the existing drill holes. I plan to line the drawer with scrapbook paper. Will post a pic soon.
Pin It!

No comments: