Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shopping and Thursday Fitness Update - Week 6

I have a theory.  You can find a better selection of items at TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Ross and Marshall's if you shop during the week rather than the weekend.  The past few times I have shopped, I have found nothing...nada....zip.  That is very disappointing to be looking for a cute little this or that and find a big Goose Egg.  Because I had a less than satisfactory day at work yesterday and because I wanted to test my theory, I went shopping and Ha!...proved myself right.  After leaving work and combined with the drive to the shops, I only had two hours before closing and here are the goodies that I found. 

A large and small white tray.....a beautiful cut glass cream pitcher....red polka dot bowl set....a white pitcher....a gorgeous pedestal cake plate...a green polka dot spoon rest and a cute wire tiered cupcake stand. 


I love this cake pedestal...it stands about 8 inches which is a bit taller than the average pedestal stand and it is a full 13 inches in diameter. 


I also wanted to show you these cute as a bug notecards that I won from Encouragement is Contagious.


Lee Ann is a very talented lady and this was her first giveaway.  She did the watercolor images for the cards and they are just gorgeous. 

I love them and thank Lee Ann for such a beautiful gift and sweet note.   She has a lovely blog, so please visit with her when you have a chance. 


Now, on to my fitness update for this week.  The train is chugging along, slowly but surely.

Week 6
  • Weight Loss - 1 pound - Total Loss - 10 pounds
  • Exercise-
    • Goal 30 minutes daily
    • Actual - 4 days 20-25 minutes
  • Nutrition - Water intake at least 48 oz daily.


All The Best,
Pin It!

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, you really did find some amazing treasures. I love them all. I agree, I think there are more goodies during the week, seems like that is when they are restocking. Congratulations on your win and on the amazing weight loss. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Slow and steady wins the race, Anita! You're doing good! I have also found that with my Home Goods either the first hour open or from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. {weekdays} is the least crowded. I haven't been in awhile, but I will be going for a client. Of course, I'll have to keep a separate cart going for myself!

Donna said...

Anita,
Great finds indeed. I will have to test out your theory. :)

D

Julie Harward said...

Such pretty note cards! I was just at TJ Maxx too...it is 2 hours away from us so I only get up there 2-3 times a year, so I had so much fun! I love the items you got especially the cake stand, I didn't see anything like that or I would have got it. I got some cute cloths and shoes and some things for my deck! Come say hi :D

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

You are sweet Anita! I am so glad you like the note cards. What a lovely post that made me smile. Thank you!

You found some amazing purchases today. I am in love with those red and white polka dot bowls.

Lee Ann

Melissa Miller said...

Very nice finds. Love the precious spoon rest. Adorable!

Great job on the weight loss Anita! *Smiles*