Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holidays Are A Coming



If I was wearing a Mood Ring right now, it would be the most beautiful blue color....remember Mood Rings...they were as popular as cell phones a few years ago and everyone had one.  A few years ago, mine would have usually shown  up as black (signifying stress).  I am constantly on a life mission to lessen the stress and worry in my life.  It is a constant struggle to stay centered and something that I have to work at every day, but the goal is there and is definetly attainable and I'm much happier as a result...which means that my family is much happier.....you know that when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I manage and control (that's right, control) what I can and I learn to deal with everything else.  I cannot control everything, like the many renovations or home improvements I want to make, but I can realize that I always need something on my plate and that it keeps me happy and fulfilled to try and have a beautiful and welcoming home.  I cannot control the lives of my family, although I still want to...for a Mother, who loves her children this one is very hard because sometime, I think I know best and will always give my advice because I am centered in their lives and they are a part of me...but my Daughters have grown up to make a Mother proud...they are smart and sassy and love their family to a fault.....I don't have to worry about them (but of course I still do...but I can let go of some of those worries).

You might remember that I had a list of things that needed to be done before Christmas and I was 'stressing' over how to get them finished.  I took a step back and realized that I always have a list of things that I want to do - and that want does not always equal need.  For the holidays, I wanted to have my kitchen finished but - I can still cook and serve my Holiday meal and various goodies just fine irregardless of the fact that my cabinets are two differant colors right now.   I can almost guarantee that if I took a poll with my family of whether they wanted a good meal or a beautiful finished kitchen, they would choose a good meal.  We have to realize that when we live our lives allowing things to lead us, we are going to be stressed and unhappy...once we realize what is truly important, it is much easier to  let the rest go.  This does not mean that I'm never stressed.  I still stress over things and some of them are small and really not important things upon reflection.  I just want to give you the gift of knowing that living every day is hard, living a good life every day is harder but with time and effort it is something we can all achieve .... with one simple rule of not letting your environment control you.  Be strong, be reflective and let things go.

I have already finished my decorating, my Christmas shopping and have almost all my presents wrapped.  I have done zero baking, but I am okay with that because I have never really made things ahead and froze them but I am going to give that a try this week. 

One of the joys this year is that I have a new Grandbabe on the way, and Tiffany is scheduled to be induced on Monday 12/21 which means we will have a beautiful little family member addition for Christmas this year.  He has already whispered to me that he doesn't mind that the kitchen is a mess, so there you have it...total confirmation. 

All the best,


Pin It!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Anita,
I wasn't feeling stressed until I saw your countdown at the top of the blog. Is it really only 9 days left til Christmas? Thanks for posting about de-stressing. That helped. Love your posting on the Christmas decorations and the parade of lights.
Have a great day!

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT EVERYTHING. IT IS SO TRUE ALL OF IT..RAISING KIDS AND THEY WILL DO HINGS THEIR WAY..SO RELAX! WE HAVE NEWS OF A NEW BABY TO COME TOO..YOURS WILL BE HERE SHORTLY THOUGH. HOW WONDERFUL TO HAVE FAMILY THOUGH..IT IS REALLY EVERYTHING! Come say hi :D