Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reindeer Re-do Because Even Rudolph Needs a Makeover Sometimes

I have had these two paper mache reindeer for about 10 years and they were definelty due for a re-do.  I'm joining Susan at BNOTP for Met Monday.  You can visit Susan and checkout the other posts for this week by clicking here



I wanted to give them a marbled look with bronze coloring.  I used 4 differant metallic paints and sponged the paint on randomly until I got the effect I wanted. 




Rudolph and Ralph side by side...one with a new shiny coat of paint



All dolled up with a pretty bow




The boys prancing together




And speaking of makeovers, I have a birthday coming up at the end of the month and have been thinking that I need a makeover....I need a redo.  I was browsing the Internet earlier today and saw some makeovers done by the Today Show.  All of these makeover pictures are of women 50-70 and were some of my favorites.   We all know how easy it is to get caught up with taking care of our families and some of us work outside the home....the years rock on and before you know it, you've kind of gotten a bit worn looking around the edges.  I think Number 5 is probably the one that is the most drastic change.....Which one do you like best?

No 1


No 2


No 3


No 4


No 5


No 6

All the best,


Pin It!

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I AGREE...THESE ARE AMAZING...WHY DO I SUDDENLY FEEL LIKE I NEED A MAKE OVER?! HELP...POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF PLEASE! LOL Come say hi :D

Rattlebridge Farm said...

The reindeer look fantastic!

Donna said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing what a little makeup and hair dye can do? :)

D

DianeM said...

Wow...each of those ladies look amazing! I'm starting to get alittle worried about my long hair now...
Your reindeer makeover looks great too :)
Smiles, DianeM

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I think your reindeer have a little more dimension to them now. Love the ribbon, too!

I think #6 is very dramatic. I look through these too sometimes. I thought I heard or read that when you are over 40 bangs are good {and some of these have bangs}. I keep going back and forth on bangs, except bangs drive me crazy.

Decor To Adore said...

I just adore your Christmas inspired metamorphosis.

#5 is my fav.

Be merry and bright!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

The makeover on your reindeer are totally awesome... I'm wondering if I still have one of them...hmmm I must go look.. You've certainly insprired me. Wow the makeovers on the Today show were great....From our home to yours A Very Merry Christmas..hugs ~lynne~