Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Memories Recalled

I love Christmas presents....untying the shiny ribbons and tearing through the beautiful paper to see what is hidden inside, is just a heck of a lot of fun.  Closing my eyes, I can draw in the memory of the tearing paper, the many voices raised in happy discussion and the shouts of joy as a favorite toy or item is uncovered to the wondering eyes of the recipient.   This memory is stored with many others that I can pull out and examine anytime I want.  They never cease to make me smile and know that my life has been blessed with wonderful family and friends. 



One of the gifts that Mike and I received this year was a pottery plate with the handprints of my second and fourth Grandbabes.  These precious hands are now forever captured and frozen in time.  This tangible memory will be displayed and treasured and will bring a smile to our faces whenever we pass by it. 



I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husband who shares my love of family and that I can truly call my best friend.  God blessed me with two gorgeous daughters who found their soulmates and have shared four of the most beautiful and precious children in the world with us. 

Family and memories are true presents that can be held dear for the rest of our lives.  I hope you all were able to make many during the Holiday Season. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Pin It!

No comments: