Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some Of My Silver Collection For Silver Sunday II

I have always loved the sparkle of sterling silver.  I have had a few pieces that I have collected over the years, but in the past few weeks I've really found some great buys on several pieces. 

Silver and glass coffee carafe with sugar and creamer on silver tray.   The sugar was found with no lid, but I love the set anyway.  The coffee carafe, I found this past weekend for $10 and I could not pass that up.  The silver tray, I have had for several years and actually pulled it out of the closet a couple weeks ago for a much needed polish.


Silver butter melting pot.  One of my favorites and another great find recently for $5. EDITED - After some research, I have found that this ppiece is actually called a Silent Butler and was used to store crumbs that were swept off the table between courses...was also sometimes used to store ashes, I guess when a quick clean-up was needed.


Sugar scoop and ice tongs on oval silver tray.  I really love the look of the sugar scoops and was determined to own one after seeing some lovely examples on past tablescape postings.  I have had the silver tongs for years, as well as the silver tray.


Thanks to GypsyFish for hosting this fun party. 


All the best,
Pin It!

16 comments:

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Hello Anita~

It's very nice to meet you out here in 'blogland'! Thank you for adding my give-away to your blog, I appreciate it!!

Your silvers items today are very pretty and unique, I'm coveting that sugar scoop in a big, BIG way!!

Thanks for sharing, see ya next week!

xo
Jill

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that second tray, Anita! Actually, I love that whole vignette in that picture.

Gypsy Fish said...

Such amazing finds....I have you on the list thanks for joining.
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your coffee carafe is wonderful and so is your sugar scuttle. Very ornate. Enjoyed seeing your pretty Silver!

The Lazy Peacock said...

beautiful pieces! i especially love the sugar scuttle and sugar tongs.

Heidi said...

Everything is very pretty. And polished too, that's the hard part with the silver, isn't it? Mine always looks like pewter or tarnished brass! You have a really nice collection.
Thanks for visiting, hope you'll come back soon.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Linda K. said...

What a pretty silver collection. Those silver sugar scoops are beautiful with their ornate trim. Happy Silver Sunday!

Linda

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Anita:
Lovely pieces. Isn't Silver Sunday fun? I'll be back to visit again. Hope you'll stop in and visit me at Brynwood.
xoxo
Donna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it all. YOur coffee service is just gorgeous and your sugar scuttle is just stunning. Great pieces. Hugs, Marty

Sherrie said...

I love the sugar scuttle .... I have seen a couple on these silver posts. It makes me want to find one. Heck, now I know that they are called scuttles and not scoops. How fun. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my post.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Beautiful silver pieces, really love the caraffe!
Debra

Kathy said...

I love all your silver today, Anita! I've never seen a silver butter melting pot before but I love it. And the carafe with creamer and sugar bowl is gorgeous. I have been on the search too for a sugar cellar - no luck yet. Yours is beautiful.
Have a beautiful new week...Kathy

Carole said...

Love your silver collection and thanks for telling me it was a butter melting pot....I have one and had no idea what it was used for. I used it this year to store my merchandise tags. Better then the ugly box:)) lol
xo,
Carole

SarahBeth said...

Wow! I have that exact carafe (wedding gift long ago!) and a similar silent butler (was my MIL's) I use it to put yarn and thread ends in to be somewhat tidy.

Think I'll have to join in on the Silver Sunday!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Beautiful silver! Especially fond of the silent butler. Thanks for sharing. ~ Angela

Silver MLM said...

Your silver pieces are gorgeous! Love the caraffe!
Silver MLM