Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just We Two Tablescape

Susan from Between Naps on the Porch hosts this fun party weekly and I'm joining in this week with a tablescape.  You can click on the link to visit with Susan and browse through many beautiful and creative tables this week.

This week, I'm setting a table for two.  The sun is shining brightly outside today, something we have not seen much of lately but it's still hearty food weather.  A  tablesetting this time of year usually includes a bowl for a good soup or broth.

Salad Plate is a soft blue with a slight aqua tint and was puchased last summer from TJ Maxx
Dinner Plate is Fleur de lis by American Atelier
Charger is Cantebury from Southern Living at Home and is now retired




Flatware is Hampton but I don't remember the pattern.  Napkin Rings are the same color burnished metal as the chargers and are from Pier One.


I decided to use the square plate and round charger because I like that it is not expected but still works.  The texture of the plate design is a good layer to the throw that I'm using as a table covering.


Candle votives from Kirklands.


Iced Tea Goblet is Colonial by Gibson.


All The Best,
Pin It!

15 comments:

Bab's Kitchen said...

Very Interesting combination. I like thoose square plates.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful tablescape. I love the soft blues and browns. Love the jar on its side with the lid on the table.

Debbiedoos said...

I have those white plates and I love them!!~ You color combination is very warm!~

Marigene said...

Love your table, it is so calming to look at.

southerninspiration said...

So pretty and unexpected....love the urn on its side. You are just so, so clever!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table! Love it that the table is for two, since it's usually two of us these days in my home.

Julie Harward said...

THOSE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLATES...AND EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PRETTY TOGETHER! Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

Anita...I love your table. I find it serene and peaceful...perfect for dining :)

Blessings!
Gail

Theresa said...

What a gorgeous setting Anita! I love the aqua plates, my favorite and also the goblets:) Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing this beautiful table with us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita! What a beautiful table you've set.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I love your wonderful tablescape! I love blue and brown together; the colors used are warm and make me feel toasty. And hungry for soup!
I love those blue plates especially. So pretty!

Lara Harris said...

Love the earthy colors! :)

Dining Delight said...

A cozy setting for sure! I really like the white square plates and the blue round ones and they look good on those chargers. I sometimes put square on round too - as long as they sit level, I think it works fine. Very pretty goblets and your centerpiece is unique with the round ornaments "falling" out of the glass jar.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments!

DD

Sue said...

I love what you did for a centerpiece, the way the orbs are spilling out. I think I just bought the same dinner plates. I didn't think that was the name of the pattern, but they certainly look very similar. I'm too lazy to check right now! I think your table looks beautiful.

Sue

Carey said...

Your blog is just lovely and so are your cloches. I really appreciate how you indexed your posts, so organized. I just started my blog about 6 weeks ago and can't even link my posts yet. I have become one of your followers. Come stop by my blog at Chicory Nits.

Have a great day,
Carey