Thursday, February 4, 2010

One Of Those Days Tablescape

I'm having one of those days, weeks acutally.  You know the ones that I mean - there is more to do than there is time to do it.  This week has been pretty busy all around, work, home etc.  As a result, I have not had an opportunity to put together a tablescape....but, I did want to participate in Susan's weekly party....so, I'm keeping it real and sharing the magic of my life today.


Dinner plate and salad plate are white on white with a scallop trim pattern on the edge of the salad plate, which compliments the rope edging of the dinner plate.  Placemat is educational as well as functional adn consists of the current 'for Dummies' books that I need this week. 


Plasticware Silverware Flatware is black, which coordinates nicely with the yellow and white of the overall setting.  Accessories include glasses, flung carelessly on the setting as a fit of frustration erupts....Aleve and Tums are for...well, you know. 


I almost forgot to mention my glassware...it is new this week and found at Walmart.  Comes with an expiration date, can be recycled and since it is diet, cancels out all unhealthy items placed in the consumer's mouth.  Great concept and a bargain at about 79 cents.

Hope you enjoyed my tablescape this week.  Please join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch to see some great ideas in tablescaping. 

All The Best,
Pin It!

25 comments:

Lynn Barbadora said...

OMG!!!!!!!funny....I think we all can relate to this!
Hang in there girlfriend!
Hugs,
Lynn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ha! As far as I'm concerned, that is a tablescape! Love the complementary dishware, and the Tums and Aleve just add that little something that every table needs. You're so funny, Anita!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hey! I think we have the same heirloom china. :-) Cute post!

Cass

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Hands down, my favorite! (Martha, Sandra, whoever...eat your heart out!)

Hugs,
Renee

Theresa said...

Well now yours is just my style! Is that THREE computers I see? Holy cow! Love it Anita, your tablescape made me feel right at home. Take a moment to rest:) Have a blessed day!

Sue said...

I see you used some of the same pieces that I used in my Christmas Eve...hotel room dining post. Isn't the black flatware charming? This is cute...and we've all been there!

Sue

Julie Harward said...

NOW THIS REALLY MADE ME LAUGH! I GET A LITTLE BORED WITH DISHES, DISHES, DISHES, EVERY WHERE..SO THIS WAS GOOD COMIC RELIEF! YOU SURE HAVE LOTS OF COMPUTERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND COME SAY HI :D

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

3 computers, 4 keyboards and 5 monitors are at home on my desk...a blend of work and personal.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a great tablescape!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I loved this and can so relate to the time crunch. We buy paper plates in bulk at Big Lots and Dollar Store.

Debbiedoos said...

Ha that is funny, very witty I must say of you!!~ Don't forget my Meme tomorrow...thought I would remind you!!~ See you there!~

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

LOL!!!! Very cute!

HollyC said...

LOL!!! This is my tablescape about 95% of the time! Love it!!

~Holly

southerninspiration said...

I can certainly relate to this tablescape..you should see MY table this very moment!! OMG!!!
Thanks for the chuckle!

Suzanne

Designs on 47th Street said...

Thanks for the laugh. I often want to play along with Tabelscape Thurs but don't have time. Thanks for showing us the real world! :)
Donna

Joan said...

You ain't a kidding this is real! Love it, Love it, Love it!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

How very creative you are!!! Funny too.
Susan

Sharon said...

that was so funny and I can relate to that.
I do love the black flatware with those plates.
Thanks for the giggle.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Oh my word, I love it! That is definitely keeping it real. I have days like that - way too many.

~ Tracy

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Anita, You are the winner of the tablescapes this week! I JUST LOVE THIS POST!!!!! I am laughing so hard. Very, very creative and F-U-N
Yvonne

Lynn said...

What a great tablescape!! I have some disheware's exactly like yours!!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Looks like mine except my beverage would be Diet coke.

You should win some prize for this post - Love it.

Sylvia

Unknown said...

So funny - great laugh, and a great way to begin my day. Thank you!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I think I have your same "china" and "silver" pattern!

illini89 said...

I am right there with you!
Great Idea