Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tabletop Tuesday - Coffee Table

I'm joining in the Tabletop Tuesday meme this week with a coffee table vignette.  This fun event is hosted each Tuesday by Barb at Grits and Glamour.  Please visit Barb and spend some time browsing all the beautiful tabletop ideas that have been presented this week.


Real coffee tables don't eat quiche, but they must have magazines.  I have my latest mags displayed here within easy reach so that I can peruse them at my leisure (usually more than once before I store them away).



The coffee table has a rather large surface area, so I have paired two Southern Living At Home hurricanes, loaded with pear and cherry goodness.  I'm a SLAH maniac and have several pieces that I use all over my house.  Love their beautiful items.  The Hemminway hurricane is filled with pears and the large Madeline hurricane is filled with cherries.  If you need a great SLAH Consultant, check out my post here.


A Vintage cut glass compote holds a couple extra pears.


Various family photos.


All The Best,
Pin It!

19 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

So pretty! I have magazines on my coffee tables, too, but not organized nearly as prettily as yours. You have inspired me.
Cass

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Anita! Love the hurricanes! And, you just reminded me that I put some older issues of my magazines on my coffee table to go through and either save or recycle.

southerninspiration said...

Looks so very pretty, and I am SO, SO blessed to know you! MuhhhhhWAH!!! :D

Suzanne

WoolenSails said...

No way can I show my table tops, lol.
Mine are covered in craft supplies;)

Debbie

Blue Creek Home said...

I'm lovin' the fruit in the hurricanes!! And I so need your square coffee table!!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, so so beautiful!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is so pretty! Coffee tables for SOME reason are hard for me to accessorize, I don't know why!

Yours is beautiful!

Lou Cinda :)

Debbiedoos said...

Those pears looked yummY! I will be hosting my first meme party Friday...I do hope you come and join me:)

Theresa said...

I love it Anita! I am a "magazine-aholic"! Love Southern Living, one of my faves. Have a blessed day and thanks for showing your beautiful coffee table!

Barb said...

Hi Anita, I love your table and especially the candle with the cheeries.....so pretty!

Barb ♥

Anonymous said...

I'm lovn' this, and Southern Living mag is one of my fav's,I have collected them for twenty years, the hubs would love to see some GO, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Jan ~ BellaCasa said...

Nice tabletop on your coffee table. Also thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :)

Jan

P.S. Come share the fun next Wednesday at BellaCasa for Vignette Wednesdays!!!

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING ON YOUR TABLE, IT ALL SAYS, COME CURL UP BY ME AND ENJOY! COME SAY HI :D

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

This looks really pretty, I love the use of the cherries and pears, but I would probably be eating them! HA! Great JOB! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita! Oh, I love how your coffee table looks. They're hard for me to decorate. I never feel like mine looks right! I love those hurricanes and the big bowl for your mags! I just may need to borrow that idea!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I wish my coffeetable looked like that. Dr.Gollum has destroyed it. LOL The metal bowl is a great idea for magazines, and I love the hurricanes, too. What's not to love?
XX00

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Hi Anita - love this post.

Want to thank you for supporting me and my giveaway - you are so special and I appreciate it.

Sylvia

Sue said...

Very pretty...I have those same magazines, surprise!

Sue

Karen said...

Anita, thank you for all that GREAT info about my peacocks! Now I am on a quest to find more.
Love your blog. You and I like so many of the same things.
And that video... it is my absolute all time favorite. My husband and I decided we would do that for our 40 anniversary... maybe! lol
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek