Sunday, June 21, 2009

What is it vs. what will it be

Hit a couple of yard sales on Saturday and found a few things. I love this little chest...it opens from the top and I think is either a sewing chest or a blanket chest. I am thinking about how I will refinish it and what I will use it for....I'm thinking maybe in the kitchen to store some recipe books...or in the dining room to store some of my dinnerware pieces. Maybe the hall to store whatever. Hope to transform it sometime this week and I'll post pictures when I finish and decide where it will reside.




This bunny was just too cute for $1...


I also picked up a metal jack-o-lantern that matches a couple larger ones I bought from Kirklands a couple years ago...it is missing the lid, but for $1 it is now added to the collection.
All the Best,
Pin It!

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oh, I LOVE that little chest!!! What a deal! Can't wait to see how you fix it up!

Suzanne

Passionate Pearl said...

I'm still exploring your wonderful site and enjoying your talented decorating eye. I just wanted to let you know that the yard sale item you found is actually known as a dough box. While I cannot determine the exact year of your dough box, they were used from the early 1900's. These boxes kept away drafts, critters and evened the temperature of rising doughs. Markings of signature, cut design for corners etc.. should help you determine what year your dough box is from.